PTFE Laser Diffuse Reflectors for Solid-state Pump Laser
The laser diode condensing cavity is a pump cavity developed with the development of semiconductor lasers. We provide polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) diffuse reflectors in various specifications and sizes.
Application: calibrate whiteboard, diffuse reflector, diffuser, light attenuator, laser concentrator, light collector, integral sphere, etc
Use wavelength: 250-2500 nm
Reflectivity: 97-99% (visible light)
Geometric size: Φ10-150mm
The light emitted by the laser diode light source is transmitted to the laser rod, its efficiency mainly depends on the optimal coupling of the pump cavity to the light source and the laser rod, and the design structure of the pump cavity also determines the pump density distribution on the laser rod，thereby affecting the uniformity of the output beam, divergence angle and optical fluctuation.
The basic properties of the laser diode condenser cavity is as follows:
1. The material of the cavity is PTFE suspension resin. After modification, it can not only be machined into various required shapes, but also has a small specific gravity (1.2g/cm3), good toughness and high strength;
2. The modified PTFE suspension resin has high reflectivity up to 98% or more, and has good diffusion characteristics and good spectral stability. Therefore, the optimal coupling efficiency of the cavity is high and it is not easy to change. The reflectance curve of the material tested by the Institute of Metrology is as follows:
3. Physical properties: The modified PTFE suspension resin has an average density of about 1.5, a refractive index of 1.37, a white powder, waxy, non-hydrophilic, smooth and non-sticky, and a particle size of less than 50 microns. The processing method adopts the combination of cold pressing and sintering.
4. Chemical characteristics: The modified PTFE suspension resin is extremely resistant to chemical corrosion. Except for the corrosive effects of sodium metal and fluorine elements, there is no effect from other strong alkalis, strong acids, greases and organic solvents. It can withstand aqua regia, known as the "Plastic King";
5. Life time: PTFE suspension resin has excellent weather resistance. According to literature reports, after 6 years of outdoor exposure of a 0.1mm thick PTFE membrane, its appearance and mechanical properties have not changed significantly. It is expected that the effective service life of the PTFE laser diode pump cavity should be more than 10 years under normal use;
6. Heat resistance: PTFE suspension resin has no molten state, the crystal transition temperature is 3270C, the decomposition temperature is greater than 4000C, and the maximum continuous use temperature is 2600C, so the laser diode pump cavity will not be damaged by temperature;
7. Good electrical insulation: As an electrical insulating material, F4 is widely used in occasions that require good high-frequency characteristics and high heat resistance, cold resistance, water resistance, corrosion resistance, and aging resistance;
In short, the material we selected is suitable for making laser diode pump cavities and is the most excellent diffuse reflection material. Once the suitable shape diffuse reflectors are applied, your product will have good effect. We provide various types of solid-state laser condenser cavities, welcome to use.